Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So, here I am . It is 11 something and there is finally quiet here at our home, my only time alone. I have 4 children who keep me busy. They are DD 8, DS 6, DS 4 and DS 1. We homeschool, home birth, and keep things natural. I really have the life I have always dreamed of. My husband and I have been married for 9 years, and I get to stay home and raise our children.

My #1 goal is to raise our children in the love of the Lord and that our family will serve Him.
I am so far away from that goal right now- mostly because I am not a very good example. I have a lot to work on, specifically I need to control my emotions, speak in a calm voice, take better care of myself, and get organized. I need to lose about 50 lbs. Boy writing that number is shocking to me! I am so sad that I have let it get this bad with my weight. I have been working out though, and am making strides in the right direction. Mostly I need balance in my life, putting God first and allowing Him to lead my actions. Pray for me.


This was a pretty good day. The children and I talked about what we would like to do for Lent. They decided, with some nudging on my part, that they would give up candy for Lent. We will also be continuing our sacrifice beans. At the end of the day they will tell me if they sacrificed somthing for Jesus, and then we glue 1 bean for each act to a poster of a cross. We try to fill it in before Lent is over. I have only one tiny hesitation about this, and that is the idea of sacrificing for God, not for the reward or praise from man. Maybe that is something they grasp when they are older. We also pick someone to pray for every day. I will be giving up soda and adding some prayers and at least one daily Mass a week. We are joining some friends for Friday dinners in Lent. I am really looking forward to that!

What do you do for Lent?

I took the children with me to vote today. I was shocked that it took an hour and 15 minutes! They were amazingly well behaved. Gabby happened to be wearing a shirt that said "Cool to be Catholic" Thank goodness they were well behaved. Usually it seems like whenever I am identified as a homeschooling Catholic, the children misbehave, or I am impatient, and we are not a good example!

Better go to sleep, as it all starts again in just a few hours. Praise God!

No comments: